The situation on the life insurance market in 2014 will primarily be affected by:
- The expected acceleration in the growth rate in Poland, affecting the financial condition of both households and business entities.
- The economic climate on the capital markets, which is difficult to predict and which determines the attractiveness of unit-linked insurance products.
- The possible introduction of taxation on income from deposit policies and structured products, which will reduce customer interest in these products.
- An increase in basic interest rates and interest on deposits, reducing the attractiveness of structured products.
- Changes in the legal regulations, especially regarding voluntary health insurance and the Product Sheet (in accordance with the Recommendation of the Polish Insurance Association).
- Changes on the financial intermediation market affecting the popularity of independent financial advisory services and reducing the number of distribution channels of insurance products.