The PZU Group’s Capital Policy in 2013-2015 is intended to increase Total Shareholder Return (TSR) and is based on the following rules:
- managing the PZU Group’s capital (including surplus capital) at the PZU SA level;
- maintaining the PZU Group’s shareholder funds net of subordinated debt at a level no lower than a 250% solvency margin for the PZU Group and striving to maintain the PZU Group’s shareholder funds including subordinated debt at approximately a 400% solvency margin (as at the end of the financial year), to maintain the PZU Group’s financial safety;
- maintaining assets to cover the provisions in PZU SA and PZU Życie at a level no lower than 110%;
- obtaining an optimal financing structure by replacing the capital surplus with subordinated debt up to an amount no higher than PLN 3 billion, not to exceed a 25% cap of shareholder funds to cover the solvency margin as referred to in article 148 of the Insurance Activity Act;
- retaining equity at a level corresponding to a AA rating according to Standard & Poor’s methodology;
- providing funds for development and acquisitions in upcoming years;
- no equity issues by PZU SA in the upcoming years.