- Gross written premium of PLN 8,274 m, namely 2.1% lower than in 2012, as a result of lower written premium on motor insurance.
- Market leader with a 31.1% share; 38.0% market share in motor insurance.
- Extension of strategic cooperation with companies with large customer databases.
- Gross written premium according to IFRS at PLN 7,745 m, up 3.9%.
- Market share: 28.3%; market share in terms of regular premium: 43.3%
- Stable growth in group and continued insurance premiums of 0.8 % y/y, because of an increasing number of insured, as well as a rise in the average premium, additionally supported by additional sales of profitable riders.
- Development of group health insurance (introduction of additional consultations and innovative products – Antibiotic and drug insurance). The healthcare services provider, PZU Pomoc [PZU Assistance] worked with 1,050 establishments (800 at the end 2012).
- Net asset value of PLN 22.2 bn at the end of 2013 – growth of PLN 6.9 bn.
- Market leader with a market share of 11.8%.
- Market leader in Employee Pension Programs and registration of further EPPs.
- Market launch of a new product called the PZU Peace of Mind Portfolio.
- Third place on the market with a share of 13.4% by net asset value.
- Market leader on the Individual Pension Security Accounts market among voluntary pension funds.
- Active participation in work on the Pension System Act.
- Rapid expansion of business and market share growth:
- Ukraine: 3.5% of the non-life insurance market and 4.8% of the life insurance market.
- Lithuania: 13.6% of the non-life insurance market (3rd place on the market) and 4.2% of the life insurance market.
- Opening of a branch in Estonia.
- Participation in the privatization process of Croatia Osiguranje.
- Pilot launch of a new Everest IT system for non-life insurance policies.
- Adapting more proprietary branches.
- Further improvements in the claims handling process.
|Human resource management
- Headcount restructuring and fewer employees – 2.9% decline in employment in 2013.
- Completion of the job description and valuation process.
- Development of a performance-oriented organizational structure.
|Financial results and operational safety
- Net profit of PLN 3,295.1 m, namely 1.3% higher than in 2012.
- Return on equity 24.1% – an increase of 0.1 p.p. compared with 2012.
- Acceptance of a new dividend policy and payment of an advance toward dividends from 2013 profit. Overall, PLN 4.3 bn was paid to shareholders in 2013.
- Maintain above-average solvency ratios in the insurance sector.